Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meeting Up For Xbox Live Launch
sgGamers > sgGamers > Community
CrashWire
Is anyone going? I'm hoping we could meet up for dinner or something... thumbsup.gif
alvinaloy
I'll probably be free for meetup since I'm on Sunday long weekend! 29th Apr to 3 May off! W00t! And my gf's out of town so no one to stake out my time.

Would probably be going down with Darththew and another friend.
CrashWire
That's good... think we can meet up then? Get to know more people, hehe...
fer
details about the launch please?

Edit: nvm. got it
DarthThew
Great! Lets have some drinks after that then.
* looks at alvin for "Drinks"*
Blackmane
I'll be booking out friday night and rushing home. I'll prob. have to meet you guys down there... meh.
alvinaloy
QUOTE (DarthThew @ Apr 22 2004, 08:34 PM)
Great! Lets have some drinks after that then.
* looks at alvin for "Drinks"*

Aren't people supposed to be rushing home to chiong LIVE after leaving the launch? shocked.gif

Actually... I was thinking of some Belgian beer original.gif But well... Seeing that the crowd might be underaged (no offense), perhaps we can find a more 'healthy' activity.
CrashWire
No plans to subscribe to Live, so nah. My FFXI bill is already killing me.

But I really can't think of any nighttime haunts in Orchard that I can go to...
alvinaloy
Orchard doesn't have much to do at night... Thinking about it, Singapore don't really offer much night activities asides for the same few (clubbing, pubbing, discoing).

Well, you can always hang out at Orchard Towers 7-11 and watch the transvestites tongue.gif Or go get groped by transvestites in The Crazy Horse in Orchard Hotel laughing.gif
DarthThew
We can surely find some not " underage" guys u know.
KIRBYSIM
QUOTE (alvinaloy @ Apr 23 2004, 07:41 AM)
Orchard doesn't have much to do at night... Thinking about it, Singapore don't really offer much night activities asides for the same few (clubbing, pubbing, discoing).

Well, you can always hang out at Orchard Towers 7-11 and watch the transvestites tongue.gif Or go get groped by transvestites in The Crazy Horse in Orchard Hotel laughing.gif

Late night CS-ing. original.gif
alvinaloy
QUOTE (KIRBYSIM @ Apr 23 2004, 11:37 AM)
Late night CS-ing. original.gif

Ahh? See Ass?

Doesn't sound any different from the transvestite activities I just mentioned! laughing.gif

Hahaha! Just joking!
Blackmane
Alvin> YES! BELGIAN BEER! I AGREE! *dances* Who cares if we're going to have a pic-a-nic the next day?!?! GET STONED!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif
alvinaloy
Went came back from the Belgian place. Took some low quality pictures with my phone cam. Will post them tomorrow.
DarthThew
decisions decisions..
late night cs-ing or beer??

having a beer while watching "lady boys"-----------PRICELESS

hahah!
alvinaloy
Aw damn... Might have to cancel now... That night my colleagues are holding a farewell party for a close friend (colleague) who's leaving the company soon. Damn damn damn... Now I'm in a dilemma.
Blackmane
fer: Unsure if I kenah my guard duty swapped to friday (prays it's not!) but if not, onz bo?

<-- looking for LEGAL AGED people to go for a pint o' bitter with. original.gif

Alvin: Eh don't sweat it man, there's still two more days of gaming (although yeah it won't be the same eh.. EXCLUSIVE PARTY and all that... tongue.gif )
Titanus
QUOTE (fer @ Apr 22 2004, 07:30 PM)
details about the launch please?

Edit: nvm. got it

Fer, want to meet up? original.gif
DarthThew
hey alvin,
what time is the farewell thing? before or after 10?
\\(*o')KaIRyU('o*)//
sorry to pour cold water....but how did this evolve frm discussing wat to do after Xbox live launch to appreciating wine??? tongue.gif
KIRBYSIM
So, is anyone ACTUALLY going to sign up for LIVE?
Crysania
I'm going there to see see only... and will only be there around 8+pm tongue.gif
DarthThew
hmm...
not dont really feel like going..I seem to forget that i hate crowds...HA damm, i admit it now..

I AM JUST LAZY TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE
CrashWire
QUOTE (DarthThew @ Apr 29 2004, 11:05 AM)
I AM JUST LAZY TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE

^5. tongue.gif

Who needs real life when there's FFXI. tongue.gif But still, it's a good time to meetup with online friends. Hehe...
alvinaloy
Since it's a small community here (no offense). I'll let on that I'm going to get the LIVE kit tomorrow from a shop selling it at less than $80!!!!! The owner told me it's $70 something so I won't rule out the possibility of $79. Probably it's $78 as he usually gives $10 discounts for the $69.90 Xbox games and $5 discounts for $59.90 games.
DarthThew
QUOTE (CrashWire @ Apr 29 2004, 01:34 PM)
^5. tongue.gif

Who needs real life when there's FFXI. tongue.gif But still, it's a good time to meetup with online friends. Hehe...

true true. but in my case. its more like..

who needs to go out when u can just stay home and play championship manager?
DarthThew
QUOTE (alvinaloy @ Apr 29 2004, 07:34 PM)
Since it's a small community here (no offense). I'll let on that I'm going to get the LIVE kit tomorrow from a shop selling it at less than $80!!!!! The owner told me it's $70 something so I won't rule out the possibility of $79. Probably it's $78 as he usually gives $10 discounts for the $69.90 Xbox games and $5 discounts for $59.90 games.

ahaha..this is TRUE. i saw it with my own beady eyes too!
\\(*o')KaIRyU('o*)//
one extra tix here...any takers?
KIRBYSIM
QUOTE (alvinaloy @ Apr 29 2004, 07:34 PM)

Don't keep the good things to yourself leh.. tell us where!
alvinaloy
Ok, but please keep this to yourselves... Or at least keep it low. Microsoft is a control freak and wouldn't be happy that someone's not selling at their 'recommended' price. They might ban him from selling Xbox games altogether.

It's in Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre, 4th floor. Shop is called Computex (something). You can't miss it. Map:
Courtesy of Streetdirectory.com. Just note that when you enter the shopping centre via the main entrance, that's already the 2nd floor.

I'm not sure if the shop owner (Ah Lim) will sell at discounted prices to strangers actually. But perhaps if we're free someday, I can bring a few of you down to show face. He's damn good at recognising people. He even remembers Darththew even though D hasn't been there for like years.

Oh... And I just bought Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow from him for $58.
DarthThew
5 years to be exact. pls keep this info to yourself, dont anyhow anyhow spread.
My eyes pop out when alvin bought SC:PT for 58. blink.gif
CrashWire
Oh heh, it's that famous Upper Serangoon store...
Titanus
Related to Ah Lim? tongue.gif happy.gif
alvinaloy
Haha. I see folks here aren't strangers to Lim! laughing.gif I was quite shocked when someone told me he started selling Xbox games. Have been buying my games from him ever since. Cheap prices, great service, funny guy wink.gif
Blackmane
alvin: ONLY X box games? What about pc games? PS2?
alvinaloy
He usually sells PC games... I used to get all my *ahem* PC games from him until I moved to Braddell... Then his shop kena raided and he no longer sells them. He started selling Xbox games quite a while back. I've been trying to persuade him to sell games for other consoles as well... But well, he doesn't sell stuff where he don't have lobang.
Blackmane
alamat... he would have been perfect if he also sold *ahem* PC games... or even *ahem* PS games...

Pity.. :\

I'll keep him in mind.

BTW, not sure if you saw but can I have that link to the belgium place? Thanks man. original.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.